1. What you should know about Primary Gas contracts BEFORE signing a contract with an independent gas marketer.
- Gas marketers are independent, private companies. They are not related to Manitoba Hydro or its subsidiary, Centra Gas Manitoba Inc.
- A Primary Gas contract covers only the natural gas that you use.
- You will continue to pay Centra Gas/Manitoba Hydro’s delivery and customer charges whether or not you agree to a contract. You will also still be eligible for Manitoba Hydro’s Equal Payment Plan.
- The rates that independent gas marketers charge for Primary Gas under a contract are not regulated.
- There is no guarantee of savingsif you agree to a Primary Gas contract.
- You do not have to enter into a Primary Gas contract. Your natural gas service from Centra Gas/Manitoba Hydro will continue.
2. Comparing Rates.
- An independent gas marketer must provide you with a rate comparison showing the contract rate that you are being offered and the variable quarterly Primary Gas rate currently charged by Centra Gas/Manitoba Hydro.
3. Know your rights.
- Make sure you understand the contract before you agree to it.
- Salespersons must not put undue pressure on you to agree to a Primary Gas contract.
- All independent gas marketers are subject to a Code of Conduct. You can obtain a copy of the Code from the gas marketer or the Manitoba Public Utilities Board.
4. What if you change your mind?
- You can cancel the contract from the day you agree to the contract until 30 days from the date of your first bill that includes Primary Gas charges from your independent gas marketer. You do not need a reason to cancel. You will not have to pay a cancellation fee and your natural gas service will continue without interruption.
- If you cancel after that period, you may have to pay a cancellation fee. Make certain you understand the exact cancellation fee you may have to pay.
This Disclosure Statement must be confirmed in order for a Primary Gas contract to be valid.
- This Disclosure Statement is not part of your contract. It was produced by the Manitoba Public Utilities Board, the independent regulator, to provide basic information about natural gas contacts and your rights.
- Questions about natural gas contracts or rates? Contact your independent gas marketer, Centra Gas/Manitoba Hydro or the Manitoba Public Utilities Board. For rate comparison information, visit the Manitoba Public Utilities Board website at www.pub.gov.mb.ca.
- Contact information for the Manitoba Public Utilities Board and your independent gas marketer is provided below.
KEEP A COPY OF THIS DISCLOSURE STATEMENT, THE INTENT TO BUY, THE RATE COMPARISON, THE CONTRACT AND ALL MAIL AND E-MAIL WITH A GAS MARKETER FOR YOUR RECORDS.
|PUB CONTACT INFORMATIONPublic Utilities Board204-945-26381-866-854-3698 (toll-free outside Winnipeg)www.pub.gov.mb.ca
GAS MARKETER CONTACT INFORMATION